Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garden Update...

Remember the onions? They're to the right. We had a bit of a battle with weeds but I think we've won and should get a good crop. Straight ahead is my covered carrots/parsnips....


The holes that had potatoes planted in them???? Those are them! I can already harvest babies! We filled in the holes and have mounded them up. I'm hoping for LOTS of potatoes.....


Garlic Garlic Garlic!!!!

Carpets keep the grass from growing in and the headers of the drip tape irrigation from being mowed!


My new raspberry row with primocanes starting to show their stuff!!

I have fresh fir bark on one side and landscape fabric on the other....lets see what works best....


My greenhouse with tomatoes growing like crazy. Some tomatoes on the plants and lots of flowers! I'm hoping to have MORE than last year!! We've had crazy cool weather this spring/summer and my salad greens, peppers and squash are not doing well outside. We need hot warm sun! I finally planted some greens along the drip lines between the tomatoes....We have LOTS of greens now!!! You can see them at the far left almost bigger than the tomatoes! My tomatoes look really healthy....Chicken farming all winter may have paid off!


My beans....the wire fencing has been attached and soon they'll be climbing for the sky! I have brocolli and cauliflower in the background and lettuce, mescalum and spinach growing!

And yes, my peas are growing.....I used the row covers until they were out of the ground and established.....I just forgot to take a picture! The garden looks so organized this year and I think with the raised beds, defined paths and careful weed control it's going to get easier every year!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! You posted on my blog long ago and I'm sorry to say it's taken me several months to come over and check out what you're up to. Your garden is beautiful!

As you probably figured out from my blog, we're "mostly" unschoolers too. Right now, though, we're mostly "Railway Children" schoolers (which, if you aren't familiar with Edith Nesbit, means I write all day for pay while the children get into all sorts of adventures on their own).

I'm glad I found you, and I'll be checking this out regularly. It's been a couple months since you posted--how is your garden doing in the heat?